The massive plates of stone and ground left behind, broken and battered, are known as tectonics. Some are small, forming shaky bottoms to deep caverns, others are large enough that who city-states and sprawling communities occupy them. Pending on location and they manner they were fractured, tectonics may still move, especially when power earthquakes from Ava's core occur.
As a whole, the plates to the north of the Green Belt equator are larger and more geographically featured. Tectonics to the south tend to be smaller and flatter, but with more natural resources.
Alliances have passed between uniting forces across the tectonics previously, but not since The Last Great Air War have they been anything but trade treaties or mild threats. "To each their own" and "Tend to the flock" tend to be the governing mentalities of those who rise to power. Attempts in recent history to cross ravines and extend pushes of power have been met with resource shortages from the tendency to build near the center and quick rebuffing by compound militias privy to such movements from allied fliers. No large-scale invasion has been met with success, and so each tectonic has evolved rapidly yet independently for now.
Some tectonics are so large that, in time, they earn names and become their own regions, with the surrounding broken lands serving as borders. While there is no official order in place, power is there for those who can take it by their means, be they altruistic or baneful to the people there--for being governed is equally a choice.
The well-known tectonic regions are:
To the NorthEdit
- Rulgal, to the farthest north
- The Stormies, to the far north
- The Peaks, the the far north
- Shal, to the far north
- Boleander, to the north
- Nolaymins, to the north
- Steve, to the near north
- Krawkuk Swampits, to the north
- The Shiker, to the near north
At the EquatorEdit
- The Green Belt, along the equator
To the SouthEdit
- Kava, to the far south
- Kan-Romropt, to the south
- Malala, to the near south
- Soleemins, to the near nearish south
- The Shiminins, to the south
- The Arv to the near south
- San-Corp, to the south
- Geen to the nearest south
- The Flats, to the mid-far south
- Pu, to the south
- Le Krud, to the far south
- Loamy Pits, to the near south
- Bloodspill, the the farthest south